- Sunday, July 21
- Northumberland Library, 7204 Northumberland Hwy, Heathsville
- 3-5 PM
- Everyone welcome, free
Our tentative calendar items:
- 8/18 – Health Statistics for Northern Neck;
- 9/15 – Possible candidate forum, topic to be announced – possibly health care
- 10/20 – Voting issues
- 11/17 – TBD
Laurie Morissette and John Melton are conducting a Voter Registration drive:
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays from now until November
- 10am to 12 noon
- in front of the Library.
- Contact Laurie at email@example.com to volunteer to help.
- There will be additional voter registration activities between now and November.
In order to register voters, you must complete state training, which you can do in Heathsville:
- Garry Ellis, NVRA/Voter Registration Coordinator of the Virginia Department of Elections, is coming to our area to conduct state training.
- This class will be held on July 8, 2019, 1:30 -3:30 PM, at the Northumberland County Sheriff’s Office Training Room, located at 195 Judicial Place, Heathsville, VA .
- If you want to take the voter registration training class, you MUST reserve a space. Contact: Kathy Davenport, Northumberland County General Registrar/Director of Elections, (804) 580-4655, or, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You also can register by contacting Joe Schlatter by email email@example.com
- You must register for this class not later than July 1, 2019.
- The training is also available online. Info at: https://www.elections.virginia.gov/registration/registration-drives/index.html
Juneteenth Observance at Stratford Hall
Virginia Democrats Gala in Richmond
- June 25 will be an open and frank discussion of Unconscious Bias with Ali Webb
- July 23 Talking and Listening Without Hurt
- August – dark
- September 24 – Strategies for Getting Out the Vote
- October – 22 – Jim Crow Laws and Practices
- November 26 – The new Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration
- All Interracial Conversations meetings are at Mt. Olive Baptist Church, 6749 Jesse DuPont Memorial Highway (Hwy 200); Potluck dinner at 5:30pm; program 6:00 – 7:30pm.