Indivisible Northumberland is committed to preserving and promoting the values of our democratic republic for the common good.
Indivisible Northumberland is an all-inclusive grassroots community of citizens from diverse backgrounds who support these principles:
- That which unites us is stronger than those who would divide us.
- Each of us bears a social, moral, ethical, and political responsibility to ensure fair treatment of all including equal access to jobs, education, health care, and security.
- We must be especially vigilant to protect all those on the margins of our society.
- We have a moral duty to leave a better world to future generations.
- Everyone should play by the same rules.
Our principles compel us to take these actions:
- Welcome people of all backgrounds.
- Work with organizations and individuals who seek to protect and advance progressive ideas.
- Treat others with dignity, respect, inclusiveness, and nonviolence in speech and behavior, especially those with whom we disagree.
- Be relentless in action; speak truth to power.
- Hold our elected representatives accountable for their decisions.
- Denounce special privileges that favor the well-connected or the wealthy.
- Support actions that ensure clean air, clean water, and a clean environment for this and future generations.